WHAT IS GOOGLE SANDBOX? | MEANING OF GOOGLE SANDBOX
WHAT IS GOOGLE SANDBOX:- Google sandbox is type of a metaphorical term where a new website faces very poor rankings in Google Search Engine Results Page which is also known as SERPs. In this article you will get information about GOOGLE SANDBOX and everything related to it. Keep reading the article to the end.
MEANING OF GOOGLE SANDBOX
As mentioned above, it is metaphorical term as it means that if your website or if your web domain is new then there are chances that your website will not be featured at the top of SERPs.
So if you think that you are doing your best in your content and you are even using SEO techniques then it does not always mean that there is a flaw in your website but it is because GOOGLE SANDBOX.
Google sandbox is the reason why your website is not ranking high despite using every SEO strategy available. To explain more, GOOGLE SANDBOX is a kind of probation period for new websites where there are certain restrictions are put on the new web pages.
It is happening because Google considers relevance and the search engine considers older pages to be more authentic based on rankings. Google filters new websites and its algorithm ranks the old pages on top and the new web pages are pushed below.
FUNCTION OF GOOGLE SANDBOX
- The main function of GOOGLE SANDBOX is to enable GOOGLE to filter out new websites which offers good content and up to date content.
- Google ensures that the results which will be shown at the top of the search results provide relevant, new and updated information to the searchers.
- It gives time to the new websites as the indexing and crawling checks whether the new content which is being published by new websites are good enough and after some time GOOGLE may show the website at the top of the search results.
OUR DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES:-
|SEO SERVICES (Search Engine Optimization)|
|SMO SERVICES (Social Media Optimisation)|
|PPC SERVICE (PPC Management)|
HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR WEBSITE IS IN GOOGLE SANDBOX AND HOW LONG WILL IT BE THERE?
- New websites which are registered under newly domains will get relegated to the sandbox once Google knows about the site and Google will find the site by following an Inbound Link (IBL) from another site that the Google bot crawls.
- Your new website is in under PROBATION. It normally means that after searching for the normal domains in GOOGLE then it will show that website but the website is unlikely to be listed for any of its keywords.
- Google won’t show signs of any other websites linking to your website and also not display pages related to yours.
- Google won’t list any pages other than your Home or index page. by tracking your website you will find that Google bot is fairly coming to crawl through websites and therefore catalogue, all of your pages.
- From Google crawling Google does know that your pages exist and knows what they contain, but doesn’t list them in the main SERPS.
HOW LONG WILL MY WEBSITE STAY IN THE GOOGLE SANDBOX?
The normal time can take up to 6 to 8 months and there are no ways to get out of GOOGLE SANDBOX. The only option available for you is to wait.
Even if your website is not showing at the top of the search results then it is not all bad because if your website contains good quality content then it will automatically find its way out and get raked at its deserving position.
There are many other search engines on the internet and even though GOOGLE is the most used one does not mean the others search engines are not used. You can try on the other search engines till then and get traffic on your website.
SEO IMPORTANT LINKS:-
|WHAT IS WHITE HAT SEO?|
|WHAT IS BLACK HAT SEO?|
|WHAT IS TOOLBAR PAGERANK OF GOOGLE?|
WHAT STOPS A NEW WEBSITE TO RANK IN GOOGLE?
As mentioned and explained above, even if your website is not ranking in search results then it will probably take time even if your website have a good SEO campaign. The reasons why a new website is not rankingand what makes it stop is mentioned below.
- HIGH COMPETITION:
As the technology is increasing and internet is everywhere it means that there are a thousands of websites in same line. It means that the competition is much higher and it is increasing every day.
At first, you will need to target keywords with less competition and even if your website has the highest number of keywords, being a new entrant, your page will still be ranked lower. It happens because Google does not take the risk of featuring a new site with high-volume keywords. Only trusted and old websites will be featured at the top of Google search for some time.
- LACK OF CONTENT:
If your site does not have enough relevant content, Google will sandbox your site after just checking it and then you will have to spend some time to ensure that the content is high quality for Google to understand.
- ABSENCE OF QUALITY BACKLINKS:
Backlinks in websites are considered to be important factor for ranking in Google and the absence of higher quality backlinks also leads to a drop in your rankings. You need to make sure that your content is matching the backlink.
- LACK OF USER SIGNALS:
If your website lacks user signals then it will sandbox your website as it will show that there is no real traffic being diverted there. So make sure that your website is user friendly.
SEO IMPORTANT LINKS:-
|WHAT IS GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE|
|What is SEO|
|HOW TO WRITE ARTICLE WITH SEO OPTIMIZATION|
|WHAT IS YOAST SEO?|
|WHAT IS OFF-PAGE SEO?|
HOW CAN YOU REDUCE THE SANDBOX PERIOD?
It always takes some time for the new websites to get organic traffic. The time taken can be in between one month to nine months. But this waiting can be reduced by doing the things explained below.
- Get indexed: register your domain on GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE and submit your sitemap if your website is not shown.
- User traffic: Try to bring organic traffic on your website by advertising on different platforms and by becoming your own promoter.
- Social signals: Create social media accounts for your brand, run ads, and keep your audience engaged and link all activity from your webpage to social media.
- Site Authority: By using authentic backlinks, internal links, and mentions from high-ranking pages can help you to build site authority.
- Buy an active domain: if you are about to but domain then make sure that domain has decent traffic which will save your time.
So this was all about GOOGLE SANDBOX and I hope you liked reading this article. Do like, comment and share this article.
We are a 4 years old organization and have been serving Digital Marketing Services in Ludhiana so far. We have experience in the various fields of Best Digital Marketing Services such as SEO, PPC & SMO to help our clients in increasing their business, traffic and connections with their customers.
We are always ready to take up the challenging roles & would be happy to solve any of your queries.
You can contact us at:
NAME – KRISHNA SINGH
PHONE NO. +91-8360379961
E-MAIL – KRISHNASINGH02021@GMAIL.COM