WHAT IS GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM?
GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM:- This algorithm was designed to match Google’s local search algorithm a bit more closely to their web algorithm in order to improve ranking parameters which are based on distance and location.
To know more about this GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM read the entire article and get all the important about this algorithm.
GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM?
This algorithm was mainly designed to match Google’s local search algorithm a bit more closely to web algorithm to improve ranking parameters. These parameters are based on location and distance and according to location and distance, search results are provided to the users.
As this algorithm came to existence, it results in one of the greatest shakeups of Google’s local and local organic results till now. Google Pigeon is the code name which was given to one of Google’s local search algorithm updates and this update was released on July 24, 2014.
The update is aimed to increase the ranking of local listing businesses in a search and from this, even small businesses can come up in search results easily and the users also gets required results. The update provides the results which are based on the location of user and listing available in the local directory.
When GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM was going to release in US ENGLISH and after some time it was going to release in other languages. The local SEO community reported daily changes to local and local-organic rankings.
OUR DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES:-
|SEO SERVICES (Search Engine Optimization)|
|SMO SERVICES (Social Media Optimisation)|
|PPC SERVICE (PPC Management)|
FACTORS INFLUENCING GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM
There are some aspects which cannot be managed by the business, but fortunately but there are some which can be managed by businesses which includes the following factors like:
- IMPORTANCE ON TRADITIONAL, ORGANIC SIGNALS –
By creating some intelligent techniques for link building and by publishing great content on website can improve very much in the rankings based on local listing businesses. Also, the rankings can be improved by growing DOMAIN AUTHORITY supporting high local and local organic rankings.
- SIGNIFICANCE ON HYPERLOCAL CONTENT –
By creating text, image or a video content that associates your business with a specific neighborhood or local region will strengthen your authority as a resource for local search radius and can also improve your rankings.
- EMPHASIS ON BASICS OF LOCAL SEO –
By taking actions in order to improve accuracy and breadth of your citations, gaining favorable reviews, removing duplicate listings and many more fundamental tasks can result in much improvement in GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM. Brands which are famous also should pay particular attention to these foundational to-dos which includes overlooking proper execution. Overlooking proper execution could be holding them back in the local rankings for their thousands of locations.
- SPAM REPORTING –
There are chances that Google fails to police its own local results. But to overcome spamming, you can also lend a hand. For this, make sure that you know Google’s guidelines. Take steps to level the playing field for all local businesses by reporting any violations which you encounter. When you are demoting a spammer then there are chances that it may free up a higher spot for your business.
WHAT GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM DOES?
- The Pigeon Algorithm update focuses primarily on local searches.
- This algorithm specifically affects the results which will rank the best in SERPs related to the location and distance for specific search queries.
- With the new update, Google Maps plays a major part as it came into play and worked to pair the best results for a location based search using device’s location.
- With the improvement in algorithm, Google stated that their distance and location ranking parameters had been improved and now it provides a more defined search radius within which to search.
SEO IMPORTANT LINKS:-
|WHAT IS GOOGLE PANDA ALGORITHM?|
|WHAT IS GOOGLE RANKBRAIN ALGORITHM?|
|WHAT IS GOOGLE PENGUIN ALGORITHM?|
|What is Google Hummingbird Algorithm?|
THINGS WHICH CHANGED WITH GOOGLE’S PIGEON UPDATE
- By improving its local search capabilities, Google enhanced hundreds of ranking signals for both Google Search and Google Maps. So we can also say that Google’s location and distance ranking parameters were also improved to provide better local, relevant results to users.
- The changes or updates will last longer or it is there for the long term.
- Like before, Google was unable to provide local searches correctly but with PIGEOM ALGORITHM, Local search has improved drastically from July 2014.
- With the initial launching of PIGEON ALGORITHM, a series of updates are also launched in order to improve the searches and giving a chance to local businesses.
- At first, there were glitches in searches whenever user searched for locations. For example; “a local restaurant near me” search showed some glitches but through the improvement in this algorithm it is now improved a lot.
From the above reasons, the several Pigeon updates have launched since the initial July 2014 deployment.
HOW TO CREATE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS PAGE
Following are the steps which you can follow to create my business page on Google.
STEP 1: Create or Sign into your Google account.
STEP 2: Go to my business by clicking on settings shown at the top right of your chrome page.
STEP 3: Add the location which your business has.
STEP 4: Click on “CREATE LOCATION GROUP” shown at the upper right side and then name your account. Now your GOGLE BUSINESS PAGE is ready.
PIGEON CHANGES TO THE LOCAL PACK
The main thing seen in the updates of GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM is that for users searching on Google for local businesses in the results was the change in the local pack.
This can be said because before this algorithm, the local pack would include 10 or seven businesses in the special breakout in traditional search, offering more opportunities for business to rank well and show up on Page 1 of the SERP. So, within a year of Pigeon launching, the local pack number shrunk to what it is now in 2022; the 3-pack.
Google confirmed that the main aim of PIGEON ALGORITHM is to let local search resemble traditional organic search as much as possible and also while behaving in a similar way.
The local businesses have experienced their rankings going high or low in search results and how it all had benefited or been hurt from the shake-up in local rankings.
This Google algorithm did not just focused on giving a chance to local businesses or to introduce the updates but also aimed to give users the information they wanted in even fewer steps. Google Pigeon’s intent was to serve the most relevant and useful results to users in a local setting by favoring those within a specific radius and relevancy of a user’s search. Even though Google HELPED the users but it came at the expense of website’s traffic.
So this was all about GOOGLE PIGEON ALGORITHM. Do like, comment and share this article.