WHAT ARE ANCHOR TEXTS AND HYPERLINKS?
ANCHOR TEXTS AND HYPERLINKS:- Anchor text is a type of a link and when you click on that text it will move from one internet destination to another; it literally anchors two different locations on the internet together.
To know more about anchor texts and hyperlinks, read this article and get the information in an easy way.
ANCHOR TEXTS AND HYPERLINKS?
Anchors texts typically link web pages and they can also initiate downloads and link to documents like PDFs or files in Google Drive.
So it is suggested that users should only click anchors from sites they trust, and hover over the link with their mouse but don’t click!—to make sure the URL looks legitimate.
OUR DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES:-
|SEO SERVICES (Search Engine Optimization)|
|SMO SERVICES (Social Media Optimisation)|
|PPC SERVICE (PPC Management)|
REASONS WHY ANCHOR TEXTS ARE IMPORTANT?
Following are the reasons why anchor texts are important
- ANCHOR TEXTS tells readers what to expect before they click on the link.
- Anchor words must be relevant as they are kind of a promise about what is on the other side of the link.
- ANCHOR TEXTS tell Google algorithms what your content is about and Google’s algorithms use your anchor choices to make sure you are not engaging in spammy practices.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF LINK TEXT
Anchor text is relevant for both your internal links and your incoming external links and External sites can link to your content in various ways which are explained below
- EXACT KEYWORDS in which the focus is on keyword or on the key phrase as anchor text.
- BRANDED LINKS like your brand name can be used as an anchor text.
- SITE NAME also can be used as it is a direct way for hyperlinks.
- GENERIC KEYWORDS should be used instead of the lame anchor texts like CLICK HERE or READ MORE.
- URL ITSELF of the site can be used as anchor text but it is not that helpful in most instances.
- RELATED KEYWORDS can be used as an alternative method.
- PAGE OR ARTICLE TITLE can be used easily as it is the most easy way to just add anchor text.
SEO IMPORTANT LINKS:-
|WHAT ARE DO FOLLOW BACKLINKS?|
|WHAT ARE NOFOLLOW BACKLINKS?|
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR ANCHOR LINK TEXTS
Following are some of the tips which you can read and follow in order to improve your anchor text links.
1. CREATE A NATURAL FLOW
The texts should be natural and easy to read so that the users can trust and click on the text. Through this way the text should be matching the anchor text and users will click on the text. It should be written in a way where it has a natural flow. So you just have to make sure that, while links are important for SEO, they don’t get in the way of the message you want to convey.
2. MATCH THE LINK TEXT WITH THE CONTENT YOU’RE LINKING TO
As having a good practice for writing link texts is matching the text of the link with the content of the page you are linking to because when a reader sees the linked text, they should immediately know what to expect if they click on it. Take a look at the text in the image below.
3. MAKE CLEAR THE LINK TEXT IS CLICKABLE
Make anchor text evident to the reader that the link text is clickable. This can be done by using a different color for the link, underlining it, or both.
4. DON’T TRICK YOUR READERS
It is your responsibility to provide the proper link to the user so that they will trust your website and they won’t get tricked.
So this was about ANCHOR TEXTS AND HYPERLINKS. Do share and comment and leave your queries in comment section if you have any.